Dual Registration Information
Athletics SA and SA Little Athletics have a dual registration agreement in place. The purpose of dual registration is to facilitate the transition from Little Athletics competition to Athletics competition by providing Little Athletics members with the opportunity to come and experience Athletics SA competition at a heavily discounted price. The scheme also encourages athletes in the transition age group to participate with both Athletics SA and SA Little Athletics.
After the success of last season’s new dual registration arrangements, Athletics SA is pleased to once again offer its dual registration membership package to athletes registered with Little Athletics SA for season 2013/14.
Dual registration comprises the following:
- Available to athletes in the under 15 age group. That is, dual registration will be available to athletes who are 12, 13 or 14 as at 31st December 2013
- Dual registered athletes will be required to affiliate with Athletics SA and a member club at the time of taking up the dual registration offer (this is included in the fee)
- Dual registered athletes will be considered fully registered participants and therefore be eligible for state representation, Interclub points, and participation in state championship events
- The dual registration fee will include a summer competition pass (saving of $95)
- Dual registered athletes will have the option of wearing a club singlet or their Little Athletics t-shirt during Athletics SA competition
- Dual registered athletes will be provided with a different coloured competition number so that they are easily identifiable
- Little Athletics athletes who are 15, 16 or 17 years of age, will be able to compete in two Athletics SA Premiership Cup competitions free of charge under the Come ‘n’ Try arrangements.
The fee for dual registration will be $50, which includes the Athletics SA and club fee. Overall, the saving to Little Athletics members, depending on how they use their dual registration membership, is close to $200 over the course of the year!
For more information about registering with Athletics SA and to register as a dual registered athlete, please click here
Australian Junior Championships
It has also been brought to Athletics SA’s attention that there is some confusion around the under 14 age group at the Australian Junior Championships. The Australian Junior Championships will be held in Sydney in March 2014. Age eligibility for these championships is determined by an athlete’s age as at the 31st of December 2014 Athletes are eligible to represent South Australia in these championships, provided they are registered with Athletics SA and are selected in the South Australian team. Dual registered athletes are considered to be fully registered with Athletics SA.
For more information, please contact Athletics SA on 83543477.