Dual Registration Information
Athletics SA and SA Little Athletics have a dual registration agreement in place. The purpose of dual registration is to facilitate the transition from Little Athletics competition to Athletics competition by providing Little Athletics members with the opportunity to come and experience Athletics SA competition at a heavily discounted price.
Athletics SA is pleased to advise that it has revamped its dual registration membership offer to athletes registered with Little Athletics SA for season 2012/13. The new arrangements were developed following an internal review which considered feedback received from clubs, parents, coaches, and athletes since the introduction of dual registration in 2010, as well as the significantly different registration structure that is now in place.
Commencing from the new registration period, which begins on the 1/10/2012 (registration is already available), dual registration will comprise the following:
- Extend to include the under 15 age group. That is, dual registration will be available to athletes who are 12, 13 or 14
- Dual registered athletes will be required to affiliate with Athletics SA and a member club at the time of taking up the dual registration offer
- Dual registered athletes will be considered fully registered participants and therefore be eligible for state representation, Premiership Cup points, and participation in state championship events
- The dual registration fee will include a summer access pass (saving of $90)
- Dual registered athletes will have the option of wearing a club singlet or their Little Athletics t-shirt during ASA competition
- Dual registered athletes will be provided with a different coloured competition number so that they are easily identifiable
- Little Athletics athletes who are 15, 16 or 17 years of age, will be able to compete in two Athletics SA Premiership Cup competitions free of charge.
The fee for dual registration will be $50, which includes the Athletics SA and club fee. Overall, the saving to Little Athletics members, depending on how they use their dual registration membership, is close to $200 over the course of the year!
It is hoped that the improved and simplified arrangements will assist little athletics participants to successfully transition to Athletics SA competition.
For more information about registering with Athletics SA and to register as a dual registered athlete, please click here
It has also been brought to Athletics SA’s attention that there is some confusion around the under 14 age group at the Australian Junior Championships. The Australian Junior Championships will be held in Perth from the 12th – 17th of March 2013. Age eligibility for these championships is determined by an athlete’s age as at the 31st of December 2013 Athletes who are turning 12, 13 or 14 prior to the 31st of December 2013 are eligible to represent South Australia in these championships, provided they are registered with Athletics SA and are selected in the South Australian team. Dual registered athletes are considered to be fully registered with Athletics SA. For more information, please click here
For more information, please contact Athletics SA on 83543477.