The Adelaide Harriers Club was founded in 1913 by a group of enthusiastic athletes belonging to the former Archer Street Harriers. It was initially named the North Adelaide Harriers and Walking Club, but in 1914 was renamed the Adelaide Harriers and Walking Club. In 1913 club race meetings were held in the North Parklands until transferred in 1914 to Victoria Park racecourse before moving to our present site in 1921. The original track was of couch grass and in 1932 the track was fully enclosed with iron fencing. In 1950 the old five-lane grass track was replaced with cinders. In 2010 faced with an inability to source cinders the track was returned to grass. The current clubrooms were established in 1987 and although the design of the club uniform has altered over time, our colours have remained the same throughout the years, red and white.
Chris Hargreaves (Club President)
0407 664 500