Volunteering is a vital component of athletics in South Australia. A recent Athletics SA paper put the value of volunteering within Athletics SA at over $1 million annually. This input is huge and it’s a cost that the sport could never afford to shoulder by way of monetary compensation. Athletics SA and its clubs are always looking for more volunteers to assist with administering athletics in South Australia. Volunteering is flexible and many of our volunteers provide assistance for as little as an hour or two each month. Any level of support is valuable.
There are a variety of ways in which individuals can contribute to Athletics SA in a volunteer capacity. Some of these opportunities include:
- Officiating at competitions such as track and field, road running, cross country and race walking events
- Serving on a club committee
- Serving on the Athletics SA Board or one of its many Commissions and Committees
- Assisting with office administration
- Coaching or managing an Athletics SA state team
- Managing a club team
To get involved or for more information, contact the Athletics SA office on 83543477 or contact your local club.