Facilities Master Plan
The South Australian Track and Field Facilities Master Plan, being undertaken by project consultant, Tredwell Management Services, is supported through a $30,000 grant obtained by Athletics SA from the Office for Recreation and Sport under the Community Recreation and Sports Facilities Program (CRSFP).
The project aims to develop a master plan for track and field facilities in metropolitan Adelaide and regional South Australia that meets the needs of the sport’s various stakeholders, thereby facilitating greater access to quality track and field training and competition venues by building new, or upgrading existing, facilities. The project encompasses the following objectives:
- Identify suitable sites north and south of Adelaide and in regional areas where future synthetic track and field facilities may be located.
- Rank suitable locations and sites in order of priority based on stakeholder consultation and other key factors as identified
- Assess current grassroots infrastructure and the need for upgrades of Athletics SA club and Little Athletics centres and/or the building of new grassroots facilities
- Identify locations to support multiple sports in the one venue in line with the hubs concept proposed by the Office for Recreation and Sport.
- Explore the merit of locating facilities in conjunction with planned super schools
- Identify best practice models for athletics facilities and multi-sport facilities
- Develop a clear plan so that Athletics SA can work strategically with all the sport’s stakeholders, including the Office for Recreation and Sport and the Government of South Australia.
Important Information for Athletics Clubs and Centres
Athletics SA has partnered with SA Little Athletics to conduct a major planning study for the future provision of athletics facilities in regional and metropolitan South Australia. A need has been identified to establish additional synthetic track and field facilities in SA, however we need to determine the location(s) and feasibility of establishing such facilities.
The South Australian Track and Field Facilities Master Plan is of vital importance as it will guide the development of all athletics facilities across the state over the next 10 years. It is therefore extremely important that your views are heard so that we can ensure the plan adequately reflects the needs of all clubs and centres, and ultimately participants.
If you could please spend 5-10 minutes of your time to complete the online survey, developed by Tredwell Management, to make sure your club and centre’s future facility requirements are included in the Plan.
To complete the survey, please click this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/AthleticsMasterPlan or type the address into your browser and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can visit the Athletics SA website www.athleticssa.com.au where the survey can be accessed via the Clubs menu.
If you have any queries, please contact the project managers, Tredwell Management Services, via email at email@example.com or on 8234 6387. Alternatively, I can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 83543477.
This is a significant project for athletics in South Australia and by ensuring your club and centre has its say, we can help ensure the provision of quality and affordable facilities to drive the continual growth and sustainability of SA athletics well into the future.
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey and for your ongoing support of athletics in South Australia.