Australian Junior Championships
The Australian Junior Championships is the premier national track and field event for junior athletes. The State Junior Championships act as the selection trial for this event and all athletes that are selected to represent South Australia must be registered with Athletics SA. With more than 1800 athletes competing over 5 days of competition, this is an large, exciting event. In 2011, Athletics SA was the best performed of all states and territories relative to team size in Australia.
2013 Junior Championships-Athletics SA State Team
Athletics SA will be looking to send its best representative team ever to the 2013 Junior Championships in Perth March 12-17th. The event, for underage (U14 – U20) athletes will be held at the Western Australian Athletics Centre, Mt Claremont from March 12-17 2013. The championships also double as the World Youth Championships trial.
1. To be eligible to compete in the championships athletes MUST be registered members of Athletics SA.
2. Information regarding team selections, and selection policy will issued closer to the championships.
3. Athletes MUST inform Athletics SA of their intention to compete at the national championships, the form is available for downloading below.
4. Athletes should read the AA Qualifying standards and know what they need to achieve to be selected in the State Team.
5. Selection Criteria will be available in the new year, all athletes and coaches must read and any questions please refer them to Megan Szirom.
6. Please note: limited flights will be available on Monday 11th and Wednesday 13th to Perth, athletes will be encouraged to book flights on the same flights as team managers should they be staying with the team. Accommodation and travel packages will be available, although individuals once selected after State Championships or via automatic selection due to meeting AA qualifying performances are encouraged to book flights while sales are on.
*** Managers Flights ***
DJ 717 @ 1.15pm – Monday 11th March (0 flights remaining as of 18/01) to Perth (u/20-U/17 athletes please make arrangments to book own flights if not already done with ASA)
DJ 713 @ 6.30am – Wednesday 13th March ( 0 flights remaining as of 23/01) to Perth
DJ 720 @4.55pm – Sunday 17th March (3 flights remaining as of 20/02) to Adelaide
7. **Parents please note accommodation is limited in Perth and surrounding areas, please book early if travelling to support your athletes**
Athletics SA has a new online order system, click here for uniform orders.
Note: state uniforms can be ordered by athletes representing South Australia in national competitions. Socks and polo shirts are available for anyone.