Australian Junior Championships
The Australian Junior Championships is the premier national track and field event for junior athletes. The State Junior Championships act as the selection trial for this event and all athletes that are selected to represent South Australia must be registered with Athletics SA. With more than 1800 athletes competing over 5 days of competition, this is an large, exciting event. In 2011, Athletics SA was the best performed of all states and territories relative to team size in Australia.
2014 Junior Championships-Athletics SA State Team
Athletics SA will be looking to send its best representative team ever to the 2014 Junior Championships in Sydney March 12-16th. The event, for underage (U14 – U20) athletes will be held at the Sydney Olympic Park from March 12-16 2014.
1. To be eligible to compete in the championships athletes MUST be registered members of Athletics SA.
2. Information regarding team selections, and selection policy will issued closer to the championships.
3. Athletes MUST inform Athletics SA of their intention to compete at the national championships, the form is available for downloading below.
4. Athletes should read the AA Qualifying standards and know what they need to achieve to be selected in the State Team.
5. Selection Criteria will be available in the new year, all athletes and coaches must read and any questions please refer them to Natasha Hudoba.